RED MOUNTAIN RESORT OVERVIEW
RED Mountain Resort is one of the last great unspoiled resorts. Located on the first stop of Canada's famous Powder Highway, independent RED delivers 2,877 acres of pristine, unfettered shredding, putting us in the Top 20, size-wise in North America. With nearly 25 feet of annual snowfall, (cheap!) in-bounds cat-boarding, a brand new modern hostel and boutique hotel at the base—Nowhere Special and The Josie—plus the friendliest locals around, it's no wonder The New York Times voted us their "#8 Best Place in the World to Visit." Fresh turns you don't have to fight for—that's RED.
RED MOUNTAIN RESORT STATS
- Location: Rossland, BC
- Vertical Drop: 890m/2,919'
- Annual Snowfall: 760cm/300"
- Most popular run: Powder Fields
- Ride-able Acres: 4,200
- Number of Lifts: 7
- Number of Trails: 110
- Ticket Prices: $73 USD *based on exchange rate at time of print*
- Nearest Airport: US: Spokane, WA, CANADA: Trail, BC, Castlegar, BC, Kelowna, BC
- Aprés: Rafters Lounge, voted the best ski bar by POWDER Mag in 2012, Rossland Beer Co., The Flying Steamshovel
- Top Events: Beer Goggles Craft Beer Festival, Canadian Open Freeride Championship, Rattlecat Cup Banked Slalom
- Restaraunts: Rafters Lounge, Fuel Gastropub & Diner, Uptown Lounge
- Hotels/Lodging: Nowhere Special, RED Mountain Resort Lodging's Slalom Creek
- Any special season pass offers or discounted lift tickets: Purchase your ticket online 14 days in advance and receive 15% off, seven days in advance for 12%, off
WHAT’S NEW FOR RED MOUNTAIN 2018
Nowhere Special: This design-driven modern hostel takes a cue from stylish cities like London and Barcelona and puts you just a two-minute walk from the chair. With prices starting at only $40 CAD per person with a variety of dorm options and community-focused common areas, this will be the place to be. Check out nowherespecialhostel.com to book now. The Josie Hotel: This independently-owned boutique hotel at the base should alleviate our recent "Sold Out Syndrome." Stay in style right where you want to be. More details at thejosie.com. Paradise Lodge remains a local fave but just got a serious facelift with a new kitchen and 40-percent more seating. (Oh, and flush toilets). Expansion of facilities for High Performance Rentals, which means the snowboard fleet doubles in size.
RED MOUNTAIN TERRAIN PARK BREAKDOWN
RED's Rockstar Energy Terrain Park is located on the T-Bar slope near the base of RED Mountain Resort. Riders can shred quick laps all day using the T-Bar, or session one of the many features. Riders' right of the T-Bar boosts rider progression with a flowy line of small jumps and rail features, while riders' left of the T-Bar gives hardcore shredders a challenge with a 30-to-50-foot jump line along with rails of all shapes and sizes—barrel, rainbow, staircase, flat down, and more.