LAKE LOUISE RESORT OVERVIEW
Lake Louise Ski resort is known for its spectacular scenery and versatile terrain. With over 4,200 acres spread across four mountain faces, Lake Louise is also one of the largest ski resorts in North America. Just minutes from the village of Lake Louise, the ski resort is known for its variety of terrain from gentle slopes and long cruising runs, to glades, chutes, and some of the Canadian Rockies' most exciting and wide open bowls. As well as receiving #1 Ski Resort in Canada at the prestigious 2017 World Ski Awards, Lake Louise has also been named one of the top three freestyle resorts in the world. When visiting Lake Louise Ski Resort, be sure to bring your camera! The spectacular views of mountains, glaciers, lakes, and forests are truly unique and befitting of Canada's first National Park.
LAKE LOUISE RESORT STATS
- Location: Lake Louise, AB, Canada
- Summit Elevation: 8,650'
- Annual Snowfall: 360"
- Most popular run: Boomerang
- Ride-able Acres: 4,200
- Number of Lifts: 10
- Number of Trails: 145
- Ticket Prices: $124 CAD per day ($94 USD) SkiBig3 Ticket
- Nearest Airport: Calgary International Airport (YYC)
- Aprés: Kokanee Kabin at Lake Louise Ski Resort, Powder Keg at Lake Louise Ski Resort, Alpine Social at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
- Top Events: K2 Big Mountain Challenge, Shake the Lake (Spring 2019)
- Restaraunts: Kuma Yama at Lodge of Ten Peaks (base lodge), Whitehorn Bistro at Whitehorn Lodge (mid-mountain), Temple at Temple Lodge (back-side)
- Hotels/Lodging: For those seeking a quiet escape, lodging is available in the village of Lake Louise— where access to the ski resort is just minutes away. For those craving a bit more late-night action, the town of Banff, Alberta—just 40 minutes south—is where many visitors choose to make their home base. For those staying in the town of Banff, access to Lake Louise is easy via convenient (and free) ski shuttle service or rental car. All lodging and package deals can be booked at SkiBig3.com
- Any special season pass offers or discounted lift tickets: Lake Louise Ski Resort is part of the SkiBig3 group of resorts (Lake Louise, Banff Sunshine, Mt Norquay). Save up to 15% on SkiBig3 lift tickets with advanced online purchase. Lake Louise is also part of the Mountain Collective and Ikon Pass programs
WHAT’S NEW FOR LAKE LOUISE 2018
The new SkiBig3 Guided Adventure quickly integrates the visiting rider into Banff's local mountain culture. Designed specifically for intermediate or advanced riders who want to discover the hidden gems of the region without wasting time (lift-line priority), find those powder stashes that are easily missed, and learn the best lines on the resort all while connecting with locals who know the ins-and-outs of the mountain and local hot spots. The three-day schedule hits up the best of Lake Louise, Banff Sunshine, and Norquay. For more info, check out SkiBig3.com/guided-adventures.
LAKE LOUISE TERRAIN PARK BREAKDOWN
The Lake Louise Showtime Terrain Parks are some of the largest and most exciting in Western Canada, offering distinct progressive lines for beginners, intermediates, and experts alike! Riders can enjoy a wide variety of small, medium, and large jumps, rails, and boxes along with other unique features.