BANFF SUNSHINE RESORT OVERVIEW
Banff Sunshine Village sits high on the Continental Divide in the heart of Banff National Park in the Canadian Rockies, just 15 minutes from the vibrant mountain town of Banff. Three sprawling mountains provide breathtaking sight lines, uninterrupted by any signs of civilization beyond the resort boundaries. This world-renowned resort features more than 3,300 acres of skiable terrain, ranging from gentle beginner runs all the way up to extreme, big mountain runs. Sunshine's very own Delirium Dive has been named one of the Top 10 off-piste destinations in the world.
BANFF SUNSHINE RESORT STATS
- Location: Banff, AB, Canada
- Summit Elevation: 8,954 ft
- Annual Snowfall: 360"
- Most popular run: South Divide
- Ride-able Acres: 3,358
- Number of Lifts: 12
- Number of Trails: 137
- Ticket Prices: $124 CAD per day ($94 USD) SkiBig3 Ticket
- Nearest Airport: Calgary International Airport (YYC)
- Aprés: Mad Trappers Saloon at Old Sunshine Lodge, Banff Avenue Brew Pub in Banff, Rose & Crown in Banff
- Top Events: Holy Bowl-EH (Spring 2020), Slush Cup, SlushShine Rail Jam
- Restaurants: Mad Trappers Saloon at Old Sunshine Lodge, Chimney Corner at Sunshine Mountain Lodge, Eagles Nest Canadian Bistro at Sunshine Mountain Lodge
- Hotels/Lodging: The Sunshine Mountain Lodge
- Any special season pass offers or discounted lift tickets: Banff Sunshine is part of the SkiBig3 group of resorts (Banff Sunshine, Lake Louise, Mt Norquay). Save up to 15% on SkiBig3 lift tickets with advanced online purchase. Banff Sunshine is also part of the Mountain Collective and Ikon Pass programs
WHAT’S NEW FOR BANFF SUNSHINE 2018
The new SkiBig3 Guided Adventure quickly integrates the visiting rider into Banff's local mountain culture. Designed specifically for intermediate or advanced riders who want to discover the hidden gems of the region without wasting time (lift-line priority), find those powder stashes that are easily missed, and learn the best lines on the resort all while connecting with locals who know the ins-and-outs of the mountain and local hot spots. The three-day schedule hits up the best of Banff Sunshine, Lake Louise, and Norquay. For more info, check out SkiBig3.com/guided-adventures.
BANFF SUNSHINE TERRAIN PARK BREAKDOWN
Banff Sunshine offers snowboarders four separate terrain parks. Each park is designed to allow riders to progress their skills and build confidence. Spring Hill Park highlights a flowy, Holy Bowly-esque line, Kids Play focuses on beginner progression, and The Great Divide and Grizzly Parks feature more traditional park set-ups.