TEN: The Enthusiast Network is seeking a full-time Social Media & Web Producer for the Carlsbad, CA office.
The Social Media & Web Producer will have a "Generalist" role as well as a "Specialist" role and will be working with multiple TEN brands including: Transworld Snowboarding, Surfer, Powder, Snowboarder, Slam, Surfing, Baseball America, Transworld Skateboarding and more.
Generalist and specialist duties include, but not limited to:
Generalist Web Producer:
This person will be a digital resource for a subset of our editorial brands. You will help guide the editorial teams through the editorial publishing platforms, build custom digital pages, answer html questions, teach digital best practices and help build custom digital editorial pages.
· Strong working knowledge of HTML/CSS to help build web pages
· Facilitate training/support/best practices with the edit teams
· Constant communication of new tools & platforms available
· Help brands with html issues, optimization and post/page related questions
· Provide support to sales strategy on specific sales lead projects
· Constant QA / inventory of open issues/bugs with their sites, report bugs to product management team
· Other digital project management duties as assigned by the Product Manager and Digital Strategies Manager
· Team-player with good communication skills that is eager to support and manage the full lifecycle from development through implementation of on-line consumer marketing promotions, content, and customer experience optimization projects.
Specialist Social Media Producer:
You will be the Specialist Producer to help our brands stay on top of social media trends, new tools, native content concepts and social sales campaigns. This person will need to be up to date on the constantly changing social media and dark social landscape. You'll help us stay on top of the facebook algorithm, discover and test new social tools and help research and recommend new social platforms to potentially roll out to all of our digital brands. Additionally, this person will help facilitate:
· Native sponsored content: Anytime sales starts talking Native posts, sponsored content, etc.. You'll be the point person to talk with editorial teams, to make sure we stay on target with delivery dates and fulfillment. Occasionally help build pages or communicate concept to the rest of the team.
· Social sponsored content: Anytime sales starts talking Sponsored Social posts, twitter hashtags, etc. Be the point person to talk with editorial teams, to make sure we stay on target with delivery dates and fulfillment. Occasionally help build pages or communicate concept to the rest of the editorial and sales team
· Native / Social content strategy consultant: Help develop strategy and offer insights to what sponsored content / social would be best for an advertiser
· Sponsored Content screenshots / reporting: Keep track of sponsored native and social sponsored content. Take screenshots and provide reporting of traffic to that content
· Native / Social sponsored content calendar: Point person for the sponsored content calendar to keep track on the sales side (Can be excel or google calendar, whatever is easier
· 1yr. Internet/Web production experience
· Strong working knowledge of HTML/CSS
· Social media and online marketing experience
· WordPress / blogging software experience
· Working knowledge of Content Management / publishing for web and mobile, Ipads, smartphones, Apple newsstand and tablet applications a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Project management & communication
· Strong working knowledge of CMSs and web publishing (WordPress, Youtube, etc.)
· Ability to build and QA custom digital pages
· Understanding of analytics, platforms and tools (Google Analytics, facebook, instagram, twitter, pinterest, snapchat, Kik, offerpop, hootsuite, etc.)
· HTML, Photo, social and video manipulation
· SEO/Social/Editorial best practices
· Great focus on editorial quality/consistency/volume/process
· Work with minimal supervision to meet predefined goals.
· Takes initiative / Self starter
· Ability to learn quickly.
· Ability to manage flexible timelines and adherence to deadlines
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, a strong team player
· Eager to support and manage the full lifecycle of projects.
· Excellent organizational, written, prioritization, and analytical skills necessary.
The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
· MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
· WordPress and other online Content Management Systems
· Work Environment:
· Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.