The 14th Annual Riders Poll Nominees
The 14th annual Riders Poll is happening February 1 at the historic Fillmore Theater in Denver, Colorado. Over 100 professional riders have voted on the riders, tricks, and video parts they thought killed it the hardest last season to arrive at the nominees announced here. Let’s just make this 100 percent clear, TransWorld SNOWboarding didn’t pick these nominees—the pros did. But we did think it would be nice to go a little in-depth and show you exactly who everyone is, and what they did last season.
Make sure you get to the Fillmore theater in Denver Colorado on February 1st to take part in all the action! The 14th annual TransWorld SNOWboarding Riders’ Poll Awards Show is presented by New Era. Additional sponsors include: Red Bull, Go Pro, Keystone Resort, Zumiez, and Protect Our Winters.
Stay tuned to our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feeds at @TWSNOW (#RidersPoll14).
Men’s Rookie of the Year
Brandon Cocard killed it in his first year filming for Absinthe. He hit rad backcountry jumps and he also slid a hundred stair rail. Not bad, not bad.
Danimals came out swinging hard this past season in Videograss‘s movie, The Darkside. He was able to stand out with his awesome style and killer trick selection. It’s becasue of that he made this list. This part is a little old, but you get the gist.
3. Frank April
Frank April came out with an unbelievable ender part in the Videograss movie Enlighten and a part in Yes It’s a Movie Too. Frank is a beast, and it showed this year. The video above is his part from The Brothers Factory video, Tabarnac.
Women’s Rookie of the Year:
1. Aimee Fuller
Aimee Fuller came out strong this season, even though she got hurt. She has a sick backside rodeo, did well in some contests, and as you just watched above, put out a sick video part. Not too shabby for a girl who learned to shred on a dry slope.
2. Cilka Sadar
Cilka Sadar was the 2011/2012 TTR overall champion. That’s a pretty heavy title to win. If you watch the second half of this video you can find out how she got there. She can ride pipe and jumps. Not many people can do that these days. Versatility is key, don’t forget that.
3. Corinne Pasela
Corinne Pasela more or less came out of nowhere this past season and absolutely slayed it. She’s one of the gnarliest female rail riders out there. Check out her Peepshow X Roxy welcome to the team part. It’s heavy.
Continue to the next pages to see the rest of the Nominees
New Era Readers’ Choice, Men’s & Women’s*
- Voting is still open! Click HERE to vote!
Men’s Rider of the Year
1. Bode Merrill Bode Merrill has put out some awesome video parts. This year, in a year when not many people put out that rad of parts, was no exception. His part in Absinthe‘s video, Resonance was awesome. He hits the gnarliest street features and some of the most insane back-country jumps.
2. Nicolas Müller Holy shit did Nicolas Müller have a killer year. He had an amazing part in Absinthe’s Resonance, he had an amazing part in Pirates Unique 8, and he won ESPN’s Real Backcountry. That’s more than most pros do in their whole careers.
3. Pat Moore Pat Moore crushed it this year with an ender part for the second year in a row in Forum‘s last movie, #Forum. He also got third in ESPN’s Real Snow contest. Not bad for a dude who had a hurt knee for half the season.
Women’s Rider of the Year and Women’s video part of the year (the same three are nominated for both)
Just watch this part from Desiree Melancon and tell us she didn’t kill it. You’d be lying if you said that, becasue she did kill it.
Hana Beaman has been putting out video parts for a long time, but this year it all worked out for her and she put out the best part of her career. She did a backside 720 over the Baker road gap, and she did a cab 720 into powder. Heavy shit right there.
Men’s Video Part of the year
1. Frank April- Enlighten
Frank April’s ender part in Videograss’s Enlighten was insane. Frank is the kind of rider where you think it’s going to be nothing but huge, burly features, but then he goes and surprises you with some awesome creative and technical tricks. He can blend both worlds together, and that’s not an easy thing to do.
2. Mikkel Bang- 13 2012 was the year Mikkel Bang really got to show just how sick he really is. People knew that he was good, but now after seeing his part in Burton’s 13, they know that he’s really good. Mikkel is a beast, and his 13 part is proof.
3. Nicolas Müller – Resonance Has Nicolas Müller ever put out a bad video part? No, he hasn’t. This year was no exception. That’s why he’s on the list. Real recognizes real. The other catagories that the riders voted on were the following:
Video of the year:
1. Absinthe’s Resonance Absinthe yet again proved that they know how to make a killer snowboard video with Resonance. But then again, with riders like Gigi Ruf, Lucas DeBari, Nicolas Muller, Bode Merrill, and many more, how could you not expect this video to kill it.
2. Burton’s 13 Burton went all out with their video 13. Awesome production, awesome riding, when you put those two things together you get an awesome video. And that’s just what 13 is. Standout parts from Mikkel Bang, Jeremy Jones, Jussi Oksanen, and Mikey Rencz.
3. Videograss The Darkside
Videograss‘s video, The Darkside isn’t high production. It’s just a normal snowboard video. But the snowboarding in it isn’t normal. It’s raw, it’s in your face, and it’s sick as hell. With standout parts from Jake OE, Nick Dirks, Chris Grenier, and Joe Sexton, it will get you stoked to go snowboarding.
Online Video Project of the Year:
1. Salomon / Bonfire’s Team Vacation
Tanner Pendelton did an amazing job with these edits from the Salomon / Bonfire camp. The premise of Team Vacation was that the Salomon and Bonfire trams were going to drive around in a RV, hit awesome spots, stoke out kids, and just have a killer time. Judging by these edits they did just that. This edit right here is from the tour’s trip to Japan. It has a real Robot Food feel to it. It rules.
2. John and Eric Jackson’s Brothers on the Run Could you imagine traveling on a 15,000 mile journey in an RV all while snowboarding crazy mountains? Well that’s exactly what John and Eric Jackson did last winter, and they lived to tell about it.
3. Cooking With Gas There was just something a little bit different about Eero Ettala and Heikki Sorsa‘s Cooking With Gas webisodes. Maybe it was the fact they didn’t fill them with filler tricks, or maybe it was the fact that there wasn’t too much talking in them. Whatever it was, it worked becasue they kicked ass. Also featured in this years 14 annual Riders Poll presented by New Era are:
Standout Of The Year
Brandon Cocard- Big ass 50-50 from his part in Absinthe’s Resonance Jeremy Jones and the Further crew– hiking and riding the heaviest lines. No one rides the stuff that these guys ride. Nicolas Müller– winning Real Snow Backcountry, Resonance part, and a Pirates part. Most dudes can’t even get one heavy part, let alone three. New Era Readers’ Choice, Men’s & Women’s*
- Voting is still open! Click HERE to vote!
Legend Award**Awards nominees and recipients to be announced at a later date. Make sure you get to the Fillmore theater in Denver Colorado on February first to take part in all the action!
Make sure you get to the Fillmore theater in Denver Colorado on February first to take part in all the action!
The 14th annual TransWorld SNOWboarding Riders’ Poll Awards Show is presented by New Era. Additional sponsors include: Red Bull, Go Pro, Keystone Resort, Zumiez, and Protect Our Winters. Stay tuned to our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feeds at @TWSNOW (#RidersPoll14).