MT. HOOD, OR (Immediate Release) -- Mt. Hood Meadows Ski Resort marks its 40th anniversary with a season-long celebration to commemorate “40 Years of Making Winter Fun. The ski area opened to the public in January 1968 -- with two chairlifts, a rope tow, a ski lodge and a dream to provide quality winter recreation for families throughout the Northwest. The resort has been guided by the same ownership for all 40 years and has grown to become the second largest ski resort in Oregon. Meadows is currently looking for the most complete season pass collection. The winner will receive a season pass for this anniversary season, and an invitation to the anniversary gala dinner (for two) in January.
• Most Complete Season Pass Collection ContestAssemble your collection of Meadows picture passes from previous seasons and win a season pass for our anniversary season, and an invitation for two to attend the 40th Anniversary Gala Dinner in Portland in January. Entries must be presented either at Mt. Hood Meadows or the Clackamas Sales Office by November 1, 2007. Up to half of the passes can be staff (employee) passes. Meadows will have special deals and offers all season long, with a special emphasis in January, the 40th anniversary month.
• 40% Off Item of Your Choice from one of our Sport Shops on your birthday (30% off of hard goods).Celebrate your birthday at Mt. Hood Meadows -- simply show your identification (driver’s license, passport or birth certificate) on your birthday and we’ll give you a 40% discount on one item from our sport shops -- soft goods from Meadows Boutique or Altitude Sports -- or 30% off hard goods from the High Performance Center. The purchase must be for the Birthday person (the gift is intended for the birthday boy or girl!) In stock merchandise only, no special orders, discount applied to full retail price.
• Learn to Ski or Snowboard Special – $40Includes beginner lift ticket, 2 hour lesson and equipment rentals (for ages 13 and older). This package is normally $59 but we’re offering it at a special price four our 40th anniversary (discount not available 12/22-31/07 or 2/1/08-3/3/08)
• $40 eTickets Mondays through ThursdaysThis is a special eTicket offer -- each non-holiday midweek (Monday through Thursday) day, 40 lift tickets can be purchased for $40 each on-line through eTickets at www.skihood.com. The ticket is good only for the day it is purchased, and the tickets are limited to the first 40 purchased for each day. This represents a savings of $19 off the regular day/night non-peak lift ticket price!
• Special eTicket OffersYou’ll want to bookmark the eTicket page at www.skihood.com as special deals will be offered spontaneously -- such as a 2 for $68 deal to commemorate the opening season.
• Daily Season Pass Drawings in January (Monday through Thursday)Meadows will give a season pass away each day (valid the remainder of our 40th anniversary season), Monday through Thursday, during the month of January. No purchase necessary, but you need to be present to win. The pass can be transferred to another person if a season pass holder wins it.
• 40 Year Season Pass good through the 2047-2048 Season!The 40 year pass will be given away Sunday, January 27. You can register for the drawing all month long -- any time you come to Meadows in January. But you will need to be present to win this amazing prize which will allow you to ride Mt. Hood Meadows for FREE for the next 40 years!
For details on the 40th anniversary season and other special offers, visit www.skihood.com.