Thirty of the World's Best Snowboarders From 12 Countries Invited to Compete; Mark McMorris, Stale Sandbech and Sebastien Toutant Among the Elite List.
Los Angeles, Calif. — The third-annual Air + Style Los Angeles music festival and Big Air snowboard competition will take place February 18-19, 2017, in Expo Park at the Los Angeles Coliseum. The two- day event in Los Angeles will be the third and final stop of the Air + Style series – Beijing, China was held in November and the Innsbruck, Austria stop will be held February 3-4, 2017. This year, 30 snowboarders have been invited to compete in the Los Angeles stop where the sunny state of California will see snow in downtown L.A. for a consecutive third year. The Big Air ramp will be 135 feet tall, and the riders will jump approximately 72 feet in distance. Snowmaking will begin in Los Angeles on February 15.
"When I brought Air + Style to LA three years ago, it was my hope that we could attract the world's best snowboarders to be part of something great," said Olympic gold medalist and Air + Style shareholder, Shaun White. "We're doing it! Once was cool. The second time was awesome. This third time, we are really starting to establish ourselves as an event. It has surpassed every expectation, and I'm so psyched with the insane names that are invited this year to compete in Los Angeles.”
The invited list of athletes includes:
• Mark McMorris (Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada) – McMorris has become one of the most deco-
rated and successful athletes in competitive snowboarding. At 18, McMorris won double gold at the Winter X Games in Slopestyle and Big Air, where he has gone on to win 12 total X Games medals. In 2014 at the Russia Olympic Games, McMorris won a bronze medal at the debut of Snowboard Slopestyle.
• Max Parrot (Bromont, Quebec, Canada) – Parrot has made snowboarding history four times. In 2013 he laid down the first Backside Triple Cork ever seen in an X Games Sloplestyle event. In 2014, Max was the first to land consecutive Triple jumps in a Slopestyle run at the X Games. In April 2015, Max flawlessly performed the very first Cab Quadruple Underflip 1620. In January 2016, he brought the Cab 1800 Triple Cork into competition at X Games in Aspen, earning him his second Big Air gold medal. At the 2014 Sochi Olympic Games, Parrot earned a 5th place finish in the slopestyle final.
• Sebastien Toutant (Montreal, Canada) – Better known in the industry as "Seb Toots", Toutant now has a wealth of grand slam titles under his belt, including several FIS World Cup wins and a number of Winter X Games podium spots, including gold in the 2013 slopestyle event and silver in the 2016 slopestyle. He followed up with a gold and silver, respectively, in the 2016 Air + Style in Innsbruck, and Beijing.
• Stale Sandbech (Rykkinn, Norway) – Since 2014, Sandbech has won a silver medal at the Sochi Olympic Games in Slopestyle as well as three bronze, one silver from Winter X Games in both Slopestyle and Big Air. At the debut of Air + Style in Los Angeles in 2015, Sandbech took the silver.
• Yuki Kadono (Miki, Japan) – Competed for Japan at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, qualifying for the final of the slopestyle event and finishing 8th overall. Kadono placed third in Big Air at the 2015 X Games in Aspen and first at the 2016 X Games in Oslo. He won the 2015 Burton US Open Slopestyle with the first ever Back-To-Back Triple Cork 1620s. Kadono won the Nokia Air and Style in Beijing in 2012, at the age of 16, making him one of the youngest to win the event besides Shaun White, and at the debut of Air + Style in Los Angeles in 2015, he took the gold.
The complete list of invited riders can be found on www.airandstyle.com. Alongside the world's best snowboarders, the event will see 20 world-class bands on two stages, including headliners Major Lazer and Flume.
Air + Style Los Angeles is family-friendly event that welcomes music and action sports fans of all ages. Children 10-years-old and younger will be admitted free of charge with a ticket-holding adult. Two-day General Admission Tickets ($139) and two-day VIP Tickets ($229) are on sale now at www.airand-style.com.
Fans can sign up for the Air + Style E-List to be the first to receive new information at www.airand-style.com and follow social media to stay in the loop for all festival announcements. Facebook || Instagram || Twitter
Air + Style is proud to partner with go90, Coors Light, Clif Bar, Foro Student MarketPlace, Stoli, Big Bear Mountain Resort and Mammoth Mountain. Fans can watch Air + Style action for free only on go90.com or the go90 app, available for iOS or Android.
Please join Air + Style as we give back in a charitable way this month of December. Fifteen percent of proceeds from December ticket sales will benefit Air + Style's three, LA-based nonprofit partners: Boys & Girls Club, Inner City Arts and The Clubhouse at Expo Center.
Air + Style is a global Big Air snowboard competition and music festival that features world-class action sports athletes and musicians along with art, community and culture during a two-day event series with stops in Beijing, China (November 18,19 2016), Innsbruck, Austria (February 3,4 2017) and Los Angeles, California (February 18,19). Air + Style was founded in 1994 in Innsbruck, Austria; it’s the longest standing and first Big Air snowboarding competition. In 2010 Air + Style expanded to Beijing, China, and in 2015 Shaun White became a majority shareholder and launched Air + Style Los Angeles, completing the three-stop world tour. Big Air snowboarding will debut as an Olympic sport in the 2018 Games in South Korea.