WHISTLER, BC February 9, 2015 – Tickets to the World Ski & Snowboard Festival (WSSF), which will be celebrating its 20th year in Whistler this spring, are now available for purchase. Typically tickets to signature events like the OLYMPUS Pro Photographer Showdown and the OLYMPUS 72 Hour Filmmaker Showdown sell out in a matter of days.
WSSF is set to take place from April 10 to 19, 2015. Ticketed events include:
- The 3rd Annual Roller Derby Invitational: Silence of the Slams, an invitational Roller Derby bout where Whistler's Black Diamond Betties will host a rematch against the Sea to Sky Sirens from Squamish. The bout will take place in the Grand Ballroom at the Whistler Conference Centre on Saturday, April 11.
- In The Beginning, an epic opening party at the Bearfoot Bistro hosted by Monster Energy on Saturday, April 11. An incredible line up of DJs will spin all night long to ensure partygoers dance the night away and leave primed for the next 10 days of Festival revelry.
- Multiplicity, taking place on Sunday, April 12 at the Whistler Conference Centre, is a must-see celebration of true mountain culture. Featuring multimedia presentations from heavy-hitters across the mountain kingdom, Multiplicity is a fundraiser for the Spearhead Huts Project.
- The OLYMPUS 72 Hour Filmmaker Showdown, a WSSF favourite that challenges filmmakers to shoot, edit, and produce a three to five minute short film within a 100km radius of Whistler over the course of 72 hours. The shortlisted finalists will present their work in front of a live audience on Wednesday, April 15 and go head to head for a chance to win the $10,000 grand prize.
- The OLYMPUS 72 Hour Filmmaker Showdown 2nd Cuts, a screening of all the completed films submitted for the OLYMPUS 72 Hour Filmmaker Showdown. The 2015 winner and finalists will be shown near the end of the screening. This event will be held at the Whistler Conference Centre at 12pm on Thursday, April 16.
- The OLYMPUS Pro Photographer Showdown, a signature WSSF event and a unique photography competition featuring slideshows from some of the best action sports and lifestyle photographers in the world. Five photographers at the top of their game will be invited to the competition this year with no pre-submission required. They will showcase their work in front of a live audience and an elite panel of judges at the Whistler Conference Centre on Thursday, April 16 in an attempt to take home the top prize of $10,000. This year's photographers will be announced soon.
- Intersection, an action-sports film competition now in its fifth year, requiring ski and snowboard crews to produce a five to seven minute snow-sports short film in only seven days. Five to seven film crews will be chosen to take on this formidable challenge. Each film must contain 30 seconds of terrain park footage and 30 seconds of Whistler Blackcomb in-bound terrain footage and must be shot within 100km of Whistler with 75% of all footage on snow. This year's event will see the return of some 2014 teams, plus some new additions. The full line up will be announced soon. Intersection will take place at the Whistler Conference Centre on Friday, April 17.
- The Silent Disco, happening at the Garibaldi Lift Company (GLC) on Friday, April 17 will once again feature dueling DJs. Party-goers can grab a pair of headphones and decide which DJ channel they want to dance the night away to.
- The END, the ultimate season ending party where WSSF pulls out all the stops to wrap up the Festival with a bang. Happening late night at the Whistler Conference Centre on Saturday, April 18, The END features world-class DJs, all night dancing and lightshows that may result in sensory overload.
- Best of the Fest, a recap of the highlights from the entire Festival where the winning shows from the OLYMPUS 72 Hour Filmmaker Showdown, Intersection and the OLYMPUS Pro Photographer Showdown will be shown. Best of the Fest will take place at the GLC on Sunday, April 19 and is a fundraiser for Playground Builders.
The 2015 WSSF event schedule also includes a number of non-ticketed events, such as the State of the Art gallery and Opening Party in the Grand Foyer of the Whistler Conference Centre, the World Skiing Invitational (WSI), the Monster Energy Shred Show and free daily shows at the Outdoor Concert Series.
The World Ski & Snowboard Festival is the largest annual winter sports and music festival in North America. For more information about all WSSF events and to purchase tickets online, visit the World Ski & Snowboard Festival website at www.wssf.com.
Tickets to the events are now available for purchase at www.wssf.com.
To connect with the World Ski and Snowboard Festival online, Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram.
The World Ski & Snowboard Festival (WSSF) is produced by Watermark Communications, a Whistler‐based event production & communications company, and presented in partnership with Tourism Whistler and Whistler Blackcomb. April 2015 will mark the 20th anniversary of the World Ski & Snowboard Festival and will celebrate how the event has grown over the years into the largest annual winter sports and music festival in North America. WSSF is a 10 day and night showcase of the best of snow sports, music, arts and mountain culture. Featuring major professional ski and snowboarding competitions, the largest annual free outdoor concert series in Canada, photography and film showcases, and spring skiing at Whistler Blackcomb, the World Ski and Snowboard Festival is the poster child for the ultimate ski and snowboard festival experience. In blazing the way for the youth of tomorrow, the World Ski & Snowboard Festival embodies the mantra: 'Party in April. Sleep in May.'