From parks to pow and groomers to grub, we want to know which North American resorts you think were the best for boarding this year in our 2015/2016 Resort Poll. If your mountain was killing it, this is place to let us know. Now, it could take five or more minutes for you to fill our poll out here, so to make up for interrupting your regularly scheduled browsing we got Burton, Gnu, and Salomon to pitch in a board that you could win to set yourself up proper for next season.
What else should you know?
Well, for the first time we partnered with Snow Park Technologies on a data poll to collect the hard numbers on parks. We’ll be combining your input with the data poll results to make our most accurate Resort Poll yet. You can check it all out in our November 2015 issue in print and iPad, but for now, drop in and vote below.
Take the survey below to be entered to win one of three boards including a Burton Custom, Gnu Zoid, or Salomon Assassin.
Official rules for TransWorld SNOWboarding's 2016 Resort Poll Sweepstakes on the next page.
Official Rules for the TransWorld SNOWboarding 2016 Resort Poll Sweepstakes
1. Introduction: TEN: The Enthusiast Network Magazines, LLC (owner and publisher of Transworld Business Magazine Magazine), ("Sponsor") is offering the Transworld Snowboarding Resort Poll Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes"). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility: Entrant must be at least 13 years of age or older by date of entry and a resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Any entrant who is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of legal residence must obtain permission from his/her parent or legal guardian prior to entry in the Sweepstakes. Employees of Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and agents and the immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) of each such employees, and all those with whom such employees are domiciled, are NOT eligible.
3. Timing: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. P.S.T. April 17, 2015 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. P.S.T. on May 17, 2015.
4. How to Enter: Individuals may enter this Sweepstakes by going to the survey page at http://snowboarding.transworld.net/photos/vote-now-2016-resort-poll-survey/ and filling out the survey. Entries must be received by May 17, 2015 11:59:59 P.S.T. Multiple entries are not permitted. One entrant per entry. Individuals may enter this Sweepstakes by filling out the survey only once. More than one entry from any person or address per site will void all entries from that person or address. Sponsor may also ask optional questions. Completion of these questions is not required to enter the Sweepstakes.
5. Drawing: This Sweepstakes will have one (1) drawing and three (3) winners. The entrants selected as potential winners must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. The potential winners will be selected by random drawing from all entries received on or before the entry deadline. The drawings will be conducted on or about May 24, 2015 by Sponsor, whose decision is final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Potential winners will be notified by e-mail on or about May 31, 2015. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) days after the first attempt to contact such potential winner, an alternate entrant will be selected in his or her place at random from all entries received.
6. Prizes: One (1) winner selected will receive the following prize: a Burton snowboard ($450.00 retail value); one (1) winner selected will receive the following prize: a GNU snowboard ($450.00 retail value); and one (1) winner selected will receive the following prize: a Salomon snowboard ($450.00 retail value). Total ARV of all prizes $1350.00. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or mutilated prizes and none will be replaced. Prize is nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by Sponsor in the event that the prize cannot be awarded for any reason, in which case, Sponsor will provide a prize of equal or greater value. All taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of winners.
7. Other Terms and Conditions: Potential winners and guests will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release, within seven (7) days of notification, failing which the potential winner will be disqualified and another winner selected in the place of the disqualified person at random from all entries received. If the winner is a minor, all required documents (the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and Publicity Release) must be executed by the winner's parent or guardian. If any prize or prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and another potential winner will be selected in the original potential winner's place. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees that the Sponsor and those acting under the Sponsor's authority, may use winner's name, picture/portrait likeness and/or voice, for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration, unless prohibited by law. BY ACCEPTING THE PRIZE, THE WINNER AGREES THAT THE SPONSOR, ITS PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY WINNER FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY. Subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited.
8. Miscellaneous: All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, entries made by Internet will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The "authorized account holder" is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected entries. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Winner List: The prizewinner's name will be available by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope after March 1, 2016 to Transworld Business Magazine State of Surf Brand Survey Sweepstakes 2014 - c/o TEN: The Enthusiast Network Magazines, LLC, 831 South Douglas Street, El Segundo, CA 90245 Attn: Legal.
11. Sponsor(s): The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is TEN: The Enthusiast Network Magazines, LLC (owner and publisher of Transworld Business Magazine), whose address is 831 South Douglas Street, El Segundo, CA 90245.