The Cold Front Tour continued last night in historic snowboarding mecca, Salt Lake City, Utah. The third stop of the tour was met with colder temperatures and a recent snowstorm that had deposited upwards of fifteen inches in the surrounding mountains. Many in attendance had spent the day strapped in, and as such, the energy at the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center was particularly electric. When it comes to getting stoked to ride, the only thing that tops snowboard video premieres is snowboarding itself.
To add even more fuel to the fire, the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center also marked the largest theatre of the tour thus far. Among the hundreds of fans that came out to celebrate the start of the season and the release of Kamikazu and Beta, was a healthy mix of professional riders and industry players. Among them, the star of the night’s main feature, Kazuhiro Kokubo, was once again in attendance.
Beta kicked the evening off and was met with rowdy applause and cheers of approval from the audience. Shortly thereafter, the evening's main event began as the lights dimmed once again for Kamikazu. What had initially been a rowdy response was soon added upon, as the crowd stepped the cheering and applause up a few decibles for Kazu and friends. On leaving the theatre, many were overheard exclaiming that the film had been made up entirely of enders—a truth we will not dispute.
However, instead of just telling you about it, we urge you to come on out and join us on tour in a city near you. You can check locations and RSVP to the remaining stops of The Cold Front Tour, here. Next up, Denver at the 10 Barrel Brewery tomorrow. We look forward to seeing you there.
- Portland, OR: Thursday, October 4th — See Recap Here
- Seattle, WA: Saturday, October 6th — See Recap Here
- Salt Lake City, UT: Thursday, October 11th — See Recap Here
- Denver, CO: Saturday, October 13th — See Recap Here
- Minneapolis, MN: Thursday, October 18th — RSVP HERE
- Chicago, IL: Saturday, October 20th — RSVP HERE
- New York, NY: Thursday, October 25th — RSVP HERE
- Boston, MA: Saturday, October 27th —RSVP HERE
- Reno, NV: Thursday, November 1st — RSVP HERE
- San Diego, CA: Saturday, November 3rd — RSVP HERE