Truckee, California—Fifteen year-old Jamie Anderson, from justacross the lake in South Lake Tahoe, captured the biggest title of her young career and $17,000 as joined Salt Lake City’s Nate Sheehan as winners in the Slopestyle competition at the Vans Cup at Northstar-at-Tahoe on Saturday afternoon. Anderson, who’s older sister Joannie will compete in Superpipe on Sunday, bested Japan’s Izumi Amaike, the leader after qualifiers, and Tara Dakides who rode her way back to the podium in third place.
In the guys competition, Mammoth Lake’s Mason Aguirre, the Torino Superpipe fourth place finisher, came in second, while Chaz Guldemond of Laconia, NH placed third.
Action continues on Sunday with Olympians Danny Kass, Mason Aguirre, Gretchen Bleiler, Elena Hight and Antti Autti competing Sunday’s Superpipe contest with more than $80,000 up for grabs.
Vans Cup at Tahoe—Slopestyle Finals, Saturday, March 4
1. Nate Sheehan (Salt Lake City, UT) 86.7, $22,000
2. Mason Aguirre (Duluth, MN) 73.1, $14,000
3. Chaz Guldemond (Laconia, NH) 70.4, $7,000
1. Jamie Anderson (South Lake Tahoe, CA) 85.9, $17,000
2. Izumi Amaike (Yokohoma, JPN) 68.5, $8,500
3. Tara Dakides (Mammoth Lakes, CA) 56.2, $3,000
Vans Cup at Tahoe—Rail Jam, Friday, March 3
1. Mike Casanova (Breckenridge, CO) $15,000
2. Darrell Mathes (Lake Oswego, OR) $8,000
3. Lucas Magoon (Rutland, VT) $4,000
Danny Rein – $4,000 for Tylenol Fight through the Pain Award
1. Leanne Pelosi (Calgary, CAN) $2,000*
The first 100 each day without lift tickets can receive a free gondola ticket thanks to Tylenol. For those who can?t make it out, the Vans Cup at Tahoe will air on Fox Sports Net in two parts at 3 pm April 28 and May 5 with re-broadcasts on May 12 and May 19.
Sunday, March 5
9:00 AM—10:00 AM Women’s Superpipe Qualifying
10:00 AM—12:10 PM, Men’s Superpipe Qualifying
12:30 PM—1:45 PM, Women’s Superpipe FINALS
1:50 PM—2:20 PM, Men’s Superpipe FINALS
The Vans Cup at Tahoe is made possible by the support of Tylenol, Rockstar Energy Drink, Scion, Snowboarder Magazine and Fox Sports Net.
For more information on Vans and the Vans Cup at Tahoe, visit www.vans.com