Twenty Pro Athletes To Compete on One of the Steepest Streets In San Francisco For Over $100,000 in Cash and Prizes
WHAT:ICER AIR 2005 is a big-air ski and snowboard competition held on one of the steepest streets of San Francisco. An 800-foot ski jump course will be constructed on Fillmore Street and covered with 12,000 cubic feet of snow for the first-of-its-kind urban ski event. Olympic ski champion Jonny Moseley will host the event.
The athletes, 10 pro-skiers & 10 pro-snowboarders, will clear an entire city block over the Vallejo Street intersection to the landing area on Fillmore Street between Vallejo and Green Streets. Ideal jumps will have the riders cover over 60 feet and up to heights of 20 feet above street level.
Athletes will be competing for over $100,000 in cash and prizes. Charity partners for ICER AIR 2005 are Boarding for Breast Cancer and CHARITYSMITH.
Athletes will include: Jimi Tomer, Kurt Wastell, Andreas Wiig, JJ Thomas, Ali Goulet, Aaron Biittner, Darrell Mathes, John Jackson, Marc Frank Montoya, Kye Petersen, TJ Schiller, Simon Dumont, Rory Silva, Eric Pollard, CR Johnson, Sean Field, Mickael Deschenaux, Grete Eliassen, and Jon Olsson
Additional expected attendees include Olympic medalist, Jonny Moseley, extreme skier Glen Plake, Kent Kreitler, snowboarding legend Shawn Palmer, Skogen Sprang, free skiing icon Shane McConkey, and many more…
WHEN: Saturday, August 27, 2005
Practice and Exhibition at 11am, Pro Round I at 1 p.m.; Pro Round 2 at 2 p.m.; Finals at 3.30 p.m. ~ Awards Ceremony & Charity Event at 5 p.m.
WHERE: Fillmore Street between Broadway and Green Streets in the heart of Pacific Heights.
* First-of-its-kind event in San Francisco
* Athletes clearing an entire city block via an 800-foot ski/snowboard jump
* Scenic jump location in the heart of San Francisco’s picturesque Pacific Heights with views of the Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco Bay and Alcatraz
* Interviews with pro-athletes participating in event
* Interviews with Olympic medalist and host, Jonny Moseley
* Interviews, photo opportunities with celebrity judges and attendees
* Charity event for underprivileged children
TICKETS: The event is open to the public and admission is free.