Welcome to TransWorld SNOWboarding+, the new digital version of TransWorld SNOWboarding. In it, you'll find all the features from the print magazine, completely reengineered and redesigned for the iPad. TransWorld SNOWboarding+ is more than just a replica of the print issue, but it still has everything that's great about reading a real magazine: a relaxed, immersive experience combining great articles and incredible images.
The first effort from TransWorld's Mag+ project to rethink digital magazines, TransWorld SNOWboarding+ is optimized for the iPad, so you'll never have to pinch and zoom to read a story. Instead, simply swipe across to browse through the articles and swipe down when you find something you want to read. No distractions, no hassle—just the content you love, ready to be explored.
Download TransWorld SNOWboarding+ here.
- Easy swiping motions make for effortless, intuitive navigation
- Unique "Browse" mode makes the text disappear so you can focus exclusively on the magazine's bold photography and illustrations
- Two ways to jump quickly between sections: using a pop-up contents panel or by simply swiping forward with two fingers
- Bookmark pages so you can get back to them quickly
- Some pages readjust as the device is turned, so you can hold it horizontally or vertically
- Embedded videos featuring related content available at the touch of a button.
- In-app store for buying future issues
FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME!
To celebrate our 25th Year Anniversary, we're offering FREE single copies of TWSNOW+. This is a limited time offer. Don't miss out! Download the app now!
***Annual subscription available! Press and hold your finger on the screen and tap issues to access the store, and get a one-year subscription (5 issues) for the sale price of US$.99!*** Act now! This offer won't last long!
Payments will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
Also, when you download the app, you'll receive our "200 Covers" collector's issue completely free, featuring every TransWorld SNOWboarding cover since 1987.
Click here to download the app
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: What's the difference between this iPad edition and theTransWorld SNOWboarding I can buy on paper?
The content you love from the paper issue is here in TransWorld SNOWboarding+ redesigned for easy reading on the iPad and beefed up with embedded videos, streaming audio, and clickable links.
Q: How do I get around the magazine?
Just like the paper issue, you can explore your copy of TransWorld SNOWboarding+ page by page or by skipping around. Swipe across with one finger to turn one story at a time, or swipe with two fingers to quickly jump among sections. You can also tap and hold anywhere on the screen to reveal the Contents panel: From here you can simply tap to jump among sections. You can bookmark a page by tapping in the upper right corner of the screen and it will appear in the Bookmarks dropdown in the contents panel.
Q: Can I share articles from your digital edition on Facebook or other social networks?
Yes. In the next few months, you'll be able to rub a page to enter a special Heated mode, where you can share the text in a number of ways, including e-mailing, tweeting, and posting to your Facebook page.
THE STORY BEHIND MAG+
TransWorld SNOWboarding+ is the first magazine to emerge from TransWorld's Mag+, an ongoing project across all our titles in the U.S. and Europe to rethink the way magazines can be read on a new generation of full-color, touchscreen tablet devices.
It's not about re-creating the magazine; it's about re-creating the magazine experience.
It's a relaxed, immersive environment where high-quality writing and stunning imagery work hand in hand to pull you into stories and through each issue. Our goal is to take the digital magazine beyond the first-generation pinch-and-zoom PDF replicas and create something that readers can use as effortlessly as the print version while taking advantage of the capabilities a digital environment offers.
The six design principles that underlie the Mag+ digital platform:
- SILENT MODE: Magazines are a luxury that readers can lose themselves in. Mag + has fewer distractions than the Web. It allows readers to lean back, away from the browser, and just focus on the bold images and rich storytelling. Reduced complexity increases a reader's immersion.
- FLUID MOTION: Magazines are easy to browse, and Mag+ replicates that with a story-to-story navigation that's more like a panning camera than a flipping page. As we say, "Flow is the new flip."
- DESIGNED PAGES: Magazines are defined by their carefully conceived layouts that give readers an immediate understanding of the content and why it matters to them, a quality that got lost on magazine Web sites. Mag+ brings design back to digital publishing.
- DEFINED BEGINNING AND END: Unlike the Web, magazines have a defined storyline and flow from front to back. Mag + returns to the notion that something can be, and wants to be, completed. It's the end of endlessness.
- ISSUE-BASED DELIVERY: One of the great joys of magazines is that feeling of anticipation when a new one arrives. Mag+ maintains that by delivering full issues at once with all the same content as the print edition, and on the same schedule.
- ADVERTISING AS CONTENT: Relevant, attractive advertising is as much a part of the magazine experience as the editorial content, and Bonnier wants Mag+ advertising to include both pin-ups and applications readers can appreciate.