Stop laggin’ and get you and yours up to Washington’s candyland. The following info will get you there and styled-out the Freestone way. Tell ‘em the Life sent ya. North Cascade Heli-Skiing
- Founded in 1988, NCHS is based out of the Freestone Inn and operates a 300,000-acre permit area on the Okanogan National Forest.
- Caters to intermediate and expert riders. It’s recommended that riders are comfortable with variable snow conditions. All guests are issued avalanche transceivers. Backcountry experience is suggested but not required.
- Fitness is critical: the better your conditioning, the more fun you’ll have.
- Specializes in one and three day packages. Overnight yurt tours (two days of rider/skier-mountaineering on the edge of the Pasayten Wilderness), and one day custom tours also available.
- Make reservations early and/or call with several time-slots in mind. NCHS books up quickly for the season.
- Getting there: frequent commercial airline flights connect Seattle with Wenatchee. From Wenatchee, ground transportation to the Freestone Inn is available.
- For info and reservations: 1-800-494-HELI, www.heli-ski.com, email@example.com.
The Freestone Inn
- Located in the Methow Valley, one-and-a-half miles west of Mazama and fifteen miles northwest of Winthrop. When the pass is open, it’s accessible via Highway. 20 on the Cascade Loop, a scenic three-and-a-half hours drive through the North Cascades.
- Jack’s Hut at the Freestone Inn offers state-of-the-art equipment rentals, lessons, insider’s advice, and directions to favorite local destinations. Other seasonal activities in the Methow Valley: fly-fishing, hiking, biking, snowshoeing, snowmobiling and cross-country skiing.
Reservations: 1-800-639-3809 www.freestoneinn.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.