WHISTLER, BC, October 6, 2008 – Whistler Blackcomb launched a huge contest last week to celebrate the equally epic grand opening of the world-record breaking PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola, which takes place on December 12, 2008.
The Gondola Full of Gear Contest is big, really big. The grand prize is worth an estimated $25,000. The contest is exactly what it sounds like: enough winter gear to fill an entire PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola cabin. Those Sky Cabins fit 28 people – that’s a lot of gear.
The gear is everything you need to live the dream at Whistler Blackcomb: Atomic skis/snowboards; bindings and boots; GORE-TEX outerwear; clothing and jackets supplied by Roxy/Quiksilver; DC shoes; Nintendo Wii consoles and games; TELUS handsets; Camelbak Vantage backpacks; Nature’s Path swag; Coca-Cola beverages and swag; a Sirius Starmate auto units; and cases of Red Bull. Did we mention there is enough gear for the winner and three friends?
The contest also includes a trip for four to Whistler, so the prize winners can see first hand how the skiing and riding experience at Whistler Blackcomb has been revolutionized with the PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola. The trip includes return flights from any major North American destination; return limo transfers from the airport, compliments of VIP Limo; four nights accommodation at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort; four Fresh Tracks tickets, presented by Nature’s Path; lunch for four at Steep’s Grill, compliments of Vincor Canada; lift tickets and a ski lesson, compliments of Skyy Vodka; and of course, a Kokanee Après Tab worth $250 valid at Garibaldi Lift Co., Dusty’s or Merlin’s.
Whether it’s mountain-top dining, hitting all five Nintendo Terrain Parks and SuperPipe in one day; skiing and riding all the iconic powder stashes on both mountains; or following the sun from Whistler to Blackcomb, the sky’s the limit with the PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola.
“The PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola is set to take its place as a Canadian tourism icon this December. Breaking three world records, it is the first gondola of its kind in North America and really positions Whistler Blackcomb as a ski industry innovator,” says Stuart Rempel, Senior VP of Marketing and Sales at Whistler Blackcomb. “Starting this winter, skiers, riders and sightseers will be able to travel back and forth between Whistler and Blackcomb mountains in only 11 minutes – opening up their adventure options and forever altering the Whistler Blackcomb experience.”
The Gondola Full of Gear Contest is open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) and legal residents of the United States (excluding New York and Florida) who have reached the age of 19. Visit whistlerblackcomb.com/contest to read the full contest details and to enter to win. The contest ends on December 12 and the draw takes place on December 15.
Contest prizing is valued at over $25,000 and includes:
A trip for four to Whistler Blackcomb, to include:
- Air transfers for four people to Vancouver, Canada from a major airport in North America
- Return limousine transfers for four people from Vancouver International Airport to Whistler;
- Four nights accommodation in two Fairmont Rooms at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort
- Four Adult four-Day Whistler Blackcomb Lift Tickets
- One Semi-private Super Group Ski or Snowboard Lesson for four people, compliments of Skyy Vodka
- A $250 Kokanee Après tab valid at Garibaldi Lift Co., Dusty’s, or Merlin’s
- Lunch for four at Steep’s Grill, compliments of Vincor Canada
- Four tickets to Fresh Tracks Breakfast, presented by Nature’s Path
Winter gear to include:
- Four Atomic high quality performance ski or snowboard packages, including skis or snowboard, bindings and boots
- Four TELUS cell phone handsets (excluding service);
- Four GORE-TEX jackets and outerwear pants
- Four Roxy or Quiksilver gift packages, to include eight hoodies, four jackets, four t-shirts, four pairs of DC shoes, four sweaters, four thermal long sleeve shirts, and four beanies
- Four Nintendo gift packages, to include four Nintendo Wii consoles, four copies of MarioKart Wii, four copies of Wii Play, and four Wii t-shirts;
- Four Coca-Cola gift packages, to include eight Coca-Cola branded two-way radios; four Coca-Cola Gift Tins, four Coca-Cola Coolers, eight cases of assorted 591mL Coca-Cola beverages (24 units per case)
- Three cases of assorted Nature’s Path Granola Bars (750 bars)
- Four Nature’s Path gift packages, to include four Nature’s Path ball caps, four Nature’s Path sustainable hemp laptop bags, four Nature’s Path Bamboo bowls, and four Nature’s Path Bamboo spoons
- Four Sirius Starmate 4 plug-and-play auto units with free six-month subscription
- Four Camelbak Vantage 30 hydration packs: a technical outdoor pack that is perfect for a big day out on the mountain; and
- Six cases of Red Bull Energy Drink (24 units per case)