What’s New for 2012-2013 at Bear Mountain
and Snow Summit
Big Bear Mountain Resorts is the Real Deal this winter
(Big Bear Lake, CA – October 30, 2012) – In anticipation of an exciting El Nino winter, Bear Mountain and Snow Summit announce their latest improvements, expansions and additions for 2012-2013. This season marks a big milestone for both mountains, who intend on upholding their legacy as Southern California’s premier mountain resort experience.
“After 60 years of business, we’ve continued to be the market leader in Southern California snow sports through snowmaking technology and innovation,” said Chris Riddle, Vice President of Marketing for Big Bear Mountain Resorts. “While we celebrate our Anniversary, we look forward to continuing that legacy for another 60 years.”
New amenities at Bear Mountain and Snow Summit include:
- Red Bull Plaza is bigger and better – Transforming Powder Bowl into a downtown epicenter, the revamped Red Bull Plaza at Bear Mountain is the answer to last year’s urban oasis, only bigger and better. With a handful of features that will challenge the best of riders, look for new additions like the city inspired parking structure, billboard wall ride, dumpsters, close-out rails and a multi-use object deemed the City Center to join all of last winter’s jibs. You can always count on the People’s Park to deliver the goods.
- Slopeside Pub and Bear Bottom Lodge Expansion – We’ve remodeled the best hangout spot on the mountain—the Snow Summit Bear Bottom Lodge. Adding 960 sq feet to the existing deck, we have extended the party area to 3,600 sq feet to accommodate more families and large parties in one convenient location. Also new for 2013 is the Slopeside Pub, an indoor/outdoor bar named for its spectacular view of lower Miracle Mile and Summit Run. Pop in for live entertainment, drink specials and appetizer and an all-new menu of fresh and healthy options in the downstairs dining area.
- Freestyle Camp at the Park – We all want to ride like Zak Hale, but it’s not always as easy as he makes it look. It took all of our Bear Team riders years of dedication to get to where they are now, but with the right approach, anyone can get there; and Bear Mountain is the place to do it. Whether you are looking to ride onto your first flat box, air your first halfpipe wall, or master the 540, our crew of professional coaches will supply you with the knowledge you need to progress.
- Riglet Park – Bear Mountain introduces Riglet Park! Children ages 3-6 will learn to ride miniature park features by using Burton’s innovative Learn-to-Ride Technology. The Riglet Park emphasizes safety and learning in a fun playground-like setting while introducing more new possibilities for younger riders.
- Mobile App – Have a smartphone? This season, Bear Mountain and Snow Summit are giving you a whole new way to interact with the mountain, gather personal stats and keep track of your friends with a free mobile app! Stay tuned for more information!
- Instagram – At Big Bear Mountain Resorts, a picture is worth much more than 1,000 words. Get your mobile fix of beautiful views, snow coverage and the best in #throwbackthursday by following @bear_mountain and @snow_summit on Instagram. Adding cool filters to your own photos of Bear Mountain and Snow Summit? Tag us!
- Snow Summit’s 60th Anniversary – This winter, Snow Summit celebrates six decades of legendary fun. Throughout the season, we will be celebrating the exceptional service, quality and great learning environment that has made Snow Summit an unparalleled experience for skiers and snowboarders of all levels.
Opening day will be here soon!
About BBMR- Real Snow. Real Close. Real Deal.
Big Bear Mountain Resorts (BBMR) includes Snow Summit and Bear Mountain. Together, BBMR has the region’s most progressive terrain parks, most dependable snow conditions, the largest full-service learning programs and a multitude of premier services – just a tank of gas away roundtrip from most areas in Southern California. For more information, please visit www.bigbearmountainresorts.com
# # #