TransWorld SNOWboarding has a job opening for an Online Editor. Check out the description and how to apply below.
Job Description: Online Editor / Digital Project Manager
Content Director, Transworld SNOWboarding
The Online Editor works as the “Digital Content Manager” managing all digital content initiatives for TransWorld SNOWboarding, both internal and external, across multiple platforms. This individual is an expert in all things related to digital content and channel optimization, engagement, retention, brand consistency, analytics and meaningful measurement. The position collaborates with the departments of editorial, sales, and marketing.
Ultimately, the job of the Online Editor is to think like a content director, leading the development of content initiatives in all forms to fuel new and current audiences. This includes:
- Ensuring all digital content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all digital channels of content including online, social media, email, mobile, and video..
- Mapping out a digital content strategy that supports and extends audience reach initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why. Continuous evolvement of strategy is a must.
- The development of a functional content calendar for online and social content.
- Supervising contributing writers, editors, photographers, and videographer content.
- Conducting ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness. Gathering data and analytics, and make content recommendations based on those results.
- Developing standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing.
- Leveraging market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan that leads to critical behavioral metrics.
- Establishing workflow for requesting, assigning, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content.
- Conducting periodic competitive audits of other website and social media audiences.
- Ensuring consistent global experience and implement appropriate localization/translation strategies where appropriate. We are a global snowboarding brand.
- Work closely with Team and Marketing Departments from all snowboarding brands to ensure relations are close, and aid them with sharing content, news, product releases, and messaging to our channels.
- Content distribution through our channels including GrindTV and our Video Distribution network.
The Online Editor is measured on the continual improvement of audience nurturing and retention through compelling content and storytelling. Success criteria include:
- Positive brand recognition and consistency across chosen digital channels.
- Website and social media traffic growth.
- An increase in defined customer engagement metrics (measured by users taking the desired action…i.e. conversions, subscription, views, etc.).
- Social media positive sentiment metrics.
- Increases in key search engine keyword rankings.
Experience and Education Required
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field.
- 2-4 years of experience working in multichannel content creation (publishing, journalism, etc.).
- Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics.
- Expertise in business software applications (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.).
- Public Relations experience a plus.
The Online Editor requires a combination of journalism, marketing, PR, social media, and publishing mindset. Specific skills required include:
- Proven editorial skills. Outstanding command of the English language.
- Training as a print or broadcast journalist. Knows how to tell a story using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience.
- Skill at both long-form content creation and real-time (immediate) content creation and distribution strategies and tactics.
- The ability to think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
- A passion for new technology tools (aka, using the tools you preach about) and usage of those tools within your own blogs and social media outreach. Social DNA a plus!
- Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content.
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines within corporate and ongoing campaigns.
- Incredible people skills.
- Basic technical understanding of HTML, video editing and other web publishing tools.
- Familiarity with web analytics tools (Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics), social media marketing applications (HootSuite, Tweetdeck, etc.) and leading social media monitoring platforms (Adobe Social, etc.).
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly.
- Needs to be continually learning the latest platforms, technology tools and marketing solutions through partnerships.
- Able to screen out sales pitches and look for the relevant brand and customer story.
- Comfortable with acting as the brand’s spokesman and advocate via media appearances, interviews, sales calls, trade shows, etc.
How to apply
E-mail us with ‘Online Editor’ in the subject, and include your resume, cover letter, and answer to the following question to email@example.com.
What was your favorite online release (video or article) this year, and why (no more than 100 words).
Please, no phone calls.