TransWorld SNOWboarding has a new position open. If you’re into snowboarding gear and media, check this out and see how to apply below.
Job Description: Product Editor
Managing Editor, Transworld SNOWboarding
TransWorld SNOWboarding has an exciting new opportunity for a knowledgeable Product Editor to join the team at the Carlsbad, California office. The Product Editor manages all product content initiatives for TransWorld SNOWboarding. This individual is an expert in all things related to snowboarding products, styles, trends, and culture. The position collaborates with the editorial, sales, and marketing departments.
The job of the Product Editor is to write about snowboarding gear and manage all gear related content released through the print magazine, online, and social channels. This person will continue to build the brand’s influence and audience through compelling snowboard product stories. This includes:
- Working with editorial staff and brands to produce exclusive snowboarding gear reviews for TransWorld SNOWboarding magazine, TWSNOW.com, and social channels.
- Covering breaking product stories, events, developing regular online video and editorial series, producing product reviews, and interviews for daily online and seasonal print content.
- Selecting, ordering, storing, and returning gear to industry product managers.
- Producing product photo shoots with Photo Editor.
- Ensuring all product content is accurate, informative, on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience.
- Mapping out a digital content strategy that supports and extends content initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why. Continuously evolving strategy is a must.
- Developing a content calendar for print, online and social.
- Supervising contributing testers, writers, photographers, and videographers.
- Conducting ongoing usability tests to gauge product content effectiveness. Gathering data and analytics, and making content recommendations based on those results.
- Leveraging market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan that leads to critical behavioral metrics.
- Implementing appropriate localization/translation strategies for international products and releases where appropriate. We are a global snowboarding brand.
- Working closely with marketing departments from all snowboarding brands to ensure relations are strong, and aid them with sharing news on product releases.
The Product Editor is measured on the continual improvement of user experience and audience growth through compelling product content and audience engagement. Success criteria include:
- Positive brand recognition and consistency across digital and print channels.
- Product related content contributing to website and social media traffic growth.
- Social media positive sentiment metrics.
- Increases in key search engine keyword rankings.
Experience and Education Required
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field.
- 2-4 years of experience working in multichannel content creation (publishing, journalism, etc.).
- Expertise in business software applications (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.).
- Public Relations experience a plus.
The Product Editor requires a combination of product knowledge, journalism, marketing, PR, social media, and publishing mindset. Specific skills required include:
- Proven editorial skills. Outstanding command of the English language.
- Candidate must have 2+ years of snowboarding retail or product experience, be organized, self-motivated, an excellent communicator (both verbal and written) and work well in a collaborative environment.
- A passion for new technology tools (aka, using the tools you preach about) and usage of those tools within print and digital content and social media outreach. Social DNA a plus!
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines.
- Incredible people skills.
- Basic technical understanding of HTML, video editing, and web publishing tools.
- Familiarity with web analytics tools (Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics), social media marketing applications (HootSuite, Tweetdeck, etc.) and leading social media monitoring platforms.
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly.
- Ability to learn the latest platforms, technology tools and marketing solutions through partnerships.
- Able to screen out sales pitches and look for the relevant brand and content story.
- Comfortable with acting as the brand’s spokesman and advocate via media appearances, interviews, sales calls, trade shows, etc.
How to apply
E-mail your resume, cover letter, and answer to the following question to email@example.com.
What was your favorite new piece of product that released this season, and why, in under 100 words.
Please, no phone calls.