TransWorld SNOWboarding has an exciting new opportunity for a knowledgeable Art Director to join the team at the Carlsbad, California office.
The Art Director manages the look and feel for all TransWorld SNOWboarding products – the world’s largest Snowboarding media destination, reaching several million snowboarders a month through print and digital.
If you have your finger on the pulse of the action sports culture, and meet all the requirements below, this will be an amazing opportunity for you.
Job Description: Art Director
The Art Director works as the visual creative director for the TransWorld SNOWboarding brand, combining hands-on design and brand stewardship to ensure all products and visual aspects are on-brand. The position collaborates with the editorial team as well as sales and marketing.
The job of the Art Director is to ensure that TransWorld SNOWboarding products are designed well and on-brand, consistent in terms of look, style, and quality. This includes:
• Designing across all print and digital channels including magazine, online, social media, email, mobile, and video.
• Laying out pages of the magazines, presenting the words and images in a way that is easy for readers to digest, with high-visual impact. Often with tight deadlines.
• Working with prepress department packaging ready pages through the process, proofing pages before sending to print.
• Designing compelling magazine covers. Collaborating with the Photo Editor and editorial team to ensure the package is compelling, and has newsstand appeal.
• Developing brand identities from concept to design for all the TransWorld SNOWboarding franchise projects including Good Wood, Riders Poll, Resort Poll, TransAM, etc.
• Designing brand promo products including shirt, hats etc, and also designing collab pieces with snowboarding brands.
• Supervising contributing illustrators, photographers, and graphic designers.
• Developing standards, systems and best practices for content design.
Experience and Education Required
• BA or BFA in Graphic Design or other related design discipline, with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience specializing in visual design.
• Experience with creating compelling visuals for different target demographics.
• Expertise in design software applications (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop etc.).
Specific skills required include:
• Expert level skill at all Adobe Create Suite applications.
• Clear articulation of brand direction behind each design project..
• Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines within corporate and ongoing campaigns.
• Expertise with developing creative solutions in a variety of campaigns, and working with a brand identity.
• A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly.
• Ability to learn the latest platforms, technology tools and marketing solutions through partnerships.
• Knowledge of snowboarding.
How to apply
E-mail your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to email@example.com.
Please, no phone calls.