For 2007 we plan to take the SHOP WARS competition to the next level by having a National Finals at the end of the series. Last year we grew the series from it’s original single event to a five stop National series. The natural evolution of the event is to take the regional winners to a final event and crown a National Champ. In addition to the cash prizes for regional winners, there will be two shops from each region qualifying to a National Championship to be held at Windells snowboard camp in MT. Hood Oregon.
Each regional competition will have twenty (20) invited shops. Contest will consist of three (3) best trick events.
1. Half Pipe/Transition
2. Jump/Big Air
Each shop will be represented by three (3) team riders competing in specialty categories. Each shop will be allowed only one (1) person in each discipline/category. No professional snowboarders in the competition. Paid or non paid top amateurs are welcomed and encouraged. Each event will be run in a jam format with thirty (30) minutes of practice and sixty (60) to ninety (90) minutes of a best trick jam session. Judges will base scores on difficulty of trick, cleanest execution, and best style.
1. Individual prizes
a. First place for each event/category is $1000
b. Second and third place for each event/category will receive sponsor gift packs
2. Winning shop prizes
a. Winning shop will receive an Earth Products purchase discount.
b. Winning shop will receive an invitation to the SHOP WARS National Championships held at Windells snowboard camp in MT. Hood, OR. July 2007
c. Second place shop will receive an invitation to the SHOP WARS National Championships at one of MT. Hood’s prestigious snowboard camps.
1. East Coast: Killington — Jan. 20th
2. So. Cal.: Bear MT. — Feb. 25th
3. Sierra Nevada: Sierra at Tahoe — March 10th
4. North West: Snoqualmie — March 17th
5. Rockies: Copper MT. — April 7th
6. National Finals: Windell’s snowboard camp, MT. Hood — TBA
1. East Coast: Top Qulaifier receives invitation to Rail Jam at the Rock (high profile event in down town NYC aired on NBC)
2. So. Cal.: SHOP WARS will run as part of Bear MT.’s Wide Open Week (Bear MT.’s premier week of snowboard competition for the year)
3. Rockies: SHOP WARS will run during Copper MT.’s Sunsation Celebration (a two week music and alpine event festival at Copper MT.)