South Lake Tahoe/Truckee, CA—Time is running out to purchase Lake Tahoe’s original dual mountain season pass for prices beginning as low as $369. For those who haven’t heard, the Double Whammy is the passport to ski/ride some of Tahoe’s finest terrain at Northstar„¢ Resort and Sierra„¢ Resort, spread over 4,480 acres, 125 trails, 27 lifts (including 11 high-speed lifts), 10 award-winning freestyle terrain parks, four halfpipes, snowshoeing trails at both resorts—plus 40 kilometers of cross-country trails at Northstar-at-Tahoe„¢ Resort.
The $369 Value Season Pass, the most popular Double Whammy product, allows adults to ski or ride free after just six visits to the resort. Value passholders can ski/ride any day excluding blackout dates at Sierra-at-Tahoe Resort and Sunday through Friday excluding blackout dates at Northstar-at-Tahoe Resort. A limited season pass, valid any day at Sierra Resort and any day excluding blackout dates at Northstar Resort, is priced at $479 for adults and $289 for young adults (ages 13-22). An unlimited season pass, valid at both resorts with no restrictions, is available for $699 for adults, $409 for young adults and $119 for super seniors (70+).
Affordable child season pass prices make it easier than ever for families to enjoy a ski vacation. The limited pass, priced at $89, allows children to ski/ride any day at Sierra Resort and any day excluding blackout dates at Northstar Resort. The unlimited child season pass valid any day of the season at both resorts is available for $119.
Sierra Resort and Northstar Resort are enticing students to make the grade on the slopes this season with the College Double Whammy season pass. The college pass is available for just $289, and it allows students of all ages to ski/ride any day at Sierra Resort and any day excluding blackout dates at Northstar Resort. Students must show a valid college photo ID and proof of enrollment in a minimum of six class credits for the fall 2006 semester/quarter to qualify for this pass.
Back by popular demand, Sierra-at-Tahoe Resort will offer its Sunday-Friday pass for just $199, which excludes blackout dates and a limited pass for $269 that is valid any day, excluding blackout dates.
This season, the resorts will introduce a new product— a Northstar Resort Monday through Friday pass for just $289 that is valid any weekday, excluding blackout dates.Double Whammy and Sierra Resort passholders receive a number of perks including:
• Treat family and friends to winter fun! Bring one guest per day on any day the pass is valid and receive $10 off an adult all-day lift ticket (ages 23-69) or $5 off a young adult all day ticket (ages 13-22), excluding blackout dates. Passholder must present pass with guest at ticket window. One discounted all-day lift ticket per passholder, applicable on day of visit only.
• Free skiing at other resorts such as Grand Targhee and Jackson Hole, Wyo., when passholders book a lodging package at one of these resorts (some holiday restrictions apply).
• The opportunity to ski other Booth Creek resorts all day at the half-day rate.
• Afternoon rates on all-day lift ticket purchases during blackout dates.
• 10 percent off heliskiing in Canada with TLH or Last Frontier Heliskiing.
• Loads of discounts on lessons, equipment tunes, rentals and other services and amenities offered at both Northstar Resort and Sierra Resort. Visit DoubleWhammyPass.com for downloadable coupons.
The Double Whammy prices are subject to increase after the Sept. 30, 2006 deadline. Double Whammy passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis and could sell out. The blackout dates for the 2006/07 winter season are Nov. 24-25, 2006; Dec. 26-31, 2006; Jan. 13-14, 2007 and Feb. 17-18, 2007.
Those seeking to purchase their 2006/07 Double Whammy Pass should log onto www.DoubleWhammyPass.com or call (530) 659-7453 x208 or 1-800-GO-NORTH.