MORE SNOW FOR CRESTED BUTTE!
CBMR reports 12 inches in past 24 hours and a 65-inch base
MT. CRESTED BUTTE, Colo. – December 30 – Yet another winter storm has stalled over Crested Butte Mountain Resort (CBMR), ensuring the final two days of the year will be powder days. The resort has received 12 inches of snow over the past 24 hours giving CBMR a season-to-date total of over 15 feet (182 inches). The forecast calls for more snow throughout the day, today, with additional accumulation on Friday of up to 18 inches.
With more than six feet of fresh snow from this week and last, Crested Butte Ski Patrol has been hard at work opening the resort’s legendary Extremes. CBMR’s open extreme terrain includes: The North Face; Paradise Cliffs; the Headwall; and, as of yesterday, Teocalli Bowl. More terrain openings are planned throughout the week for CBMR’s Extremes and all lifts at the resort are currently up and running for the season.
There’s still time to ring in 2011 with powder turns. Visit www.skicb.com <http://www.skicb.com/> for specials and last minute deals.
· Tweet It: More snow for @skicrestedbutte: 12 inches in past 24 w/more expected today & Fri: http://is.gd/jMvqd
· Photo Attached: View from the top at Crested Butte Mountain Resort (Photo credit: Robb Pennie). Additional images available – high and low res.
· Current weather forecast for Crested Butte: http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?map.x=249&map.y=142&site=gjt&zmx=1&zmy=1
· Road conditions: http://www.cotrip.org/home.htm
· View live video from the PowCam located on Crested Butte mountain: http://www.skicb.com/cbmr/info/mountain/powcam.aspx
· Last Minute Package:
o Half-off Every Second Night at Elevation: Every second night is half off at the Elevation Hotel & Spa (even over the holidays). Book one night get the next at half off. http://www.skicb.com/cbmr/butte-specials.aspx?mode=detail&id=elevation_50
· January Package:
o Passholders Ski Free in January: From Jan. 1 – Feb. 16, passholders from other resorts can ski for free when booking lodging at The Elevation Hotel & Spa or in other CBMR properties. www.skicb.com <http://www.skicb.com/>