High Cascade Video Workshop in conjunction with TransWorld Media and Mack Dawg’s Brad Kremer is proud to announce the first High Cascade Micro-Movie„¢ Contest.
What is a Micro-Movie„¢? Take all of the ingredients for a full feature snowboard film, and condense them to under four minutes—intros, parts, sections, conclusion, credits—edited however you want.
How To Enter:
Send your Micro-Movie„¢ on mini DV to:
Attn: Snowboard Video Short Contest
P.O. Box 368
Government Camp, OR 97028
Entries are due before June 15, 2006. Entries will be judged by Mack Dawg’s Brad Kremer and the winning entry will win a free trip to the High Cascade Snowboard Video Workshop August 1-5th, 2006.
At the workshop you and other students will learn filming and editing technique from Brad Kremer. With Kremer’s extensive experience as a rider, filmer, editor, producer, and director, you will have the unique opportunity to learn about every facet of the snowboard video world. Besides the fundamentals of exposures, angles, video editing and production, you will learn valuable insider tips on industry protocol, obtaining music rights, distribution and more.
As part of the Workshop, you will edit a snowboard video short comprised of clips you shoot of pros riding High Cascade’s private Mt. Hood facility along with 16mm raw footage, motion graphics and sound effects from Mack Dawg’s fall 2006 release.
1. Footage Must be filmed and edited entirely by entrant
2. One entry per person.
3. Entries must be received by HCSC no later than June 15, 2006 to be considered.
4. Tapes must be cued to the edited footage in which they wish to have judged.
5. Edited footage should be no longer than 4 minutes in length.
6. Footage must feature snowboarding and snowboard lifestyle content, no violent or explicit material. HCSC reserves the right to reject videos deemed inappropriate.
7. You must be at least 14 years of age to enter.
8. One entry per person.
9. Mini DV Tapes are the only format accepted, will not be returned to entrants, and will be property of High Cascade.
Winner’s will be announced on the TransWorld Snowboarding website on July 6th, 2006.