Heavenly ANNOUNCES TWO-YEAR ROLL BACK ON Season pass prices
- $329 Early-Season Price Is $170 Off Retail
- New Buyers Enjoy the Rest of 2008/09 Season for Free
- Spring Renewals Receive Two Additional $50 Buddy Tickets for the Remainder of The Current Season
- A $49 Down Payment Locks in the Guaranteed Lowest Price ($329 for Adults, $149 for Children)
South Lake Tahoe, Calif./Nev. – March 11, 2009 – Today, Heavenly Mountain Resort (www.skiheavenly.com) announced that it is rolling back prices for its 2009/10 ski and snowboard season passes to 2007/08 levels. The Heavenly Pass (www.heavenlypass.com) – which grants access to Lake Tahoe’s biggest mountain, highest elevation, longest vertical drop, most breath-taking scenery, largest snowmaking and grooming operation, finest tree skiing, and only zip line – will be available starting March 14, for a limited time, for renewal or purchase at $329 for an adult pass –a $170 savings off the retail price. Teen, child and senior pass pricing has also been rolled back.
“During these tough economic times, Heavenly wants to connect people with their passion for skiing and snowboarding as easily and affordably as possible,” said John Wagnon, Heavenly’s vice president of marketing and sales. “Three hundred and twenty-nine dollars is an amazing value for the freedom to ski or ride one of North America’s premier mountain resorts whenever you’d like. And the benefits for early purchase are significant.”
Indeed, the $329 Heavenly Pass will only be available through June 21, 2009. Heavenly offers a $49 down-payment option that will hold the $329 price until the balance is paid in full in September. Pass use, benefits and incentives will not be awarded until the pass is paid in full. The remainder of the pass price will be charged to the purchaser’s credit card on or around September 15, 2009.
As an extra incentive to buy early, new buyers who purchase a 2009/10 season pass, paid in full, before the end of the current ski season will be rewarded immediately with free skiing and riding for the remainder of the 2008/09 winter season, as well as full summer access to Gondola sightseeing. Existing pass holders who renew their pass before the end of the winter season will receive two additional $50 buddy tickets for the remainder of 2008/09 season.
The Heavenly Pass is valid all season long, seven days per week, with only nine holiday blackout dates. The Heavenly Pass also includes unlimited and unrestricted half-price lift tickets to any of the Vail Resorts’ four Colorado resorts: Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge and Keystone. The Heavenly Pass is available in adult, teen, child and senior prices.
All Heavenly season pass holders receive numerous benefits:
- Skiing and riding seven days per week (with nine holiday blackout dates).
- Unlimited and unrestricted half-price tickets to any of Vail Resorts’ four Colorado resorts: Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, and Keystone (no blackout dates).
- Option to purchase four, single-day, $50 Buddy tickets for friends and family during the 2009/10 season (if purchased prior to June 22, 2009).
- Option to purchase personal lift tickets on blackout dates for a $20 discount.
- Summer 2009 Gondola access (when paid in full).
- Exclusive pass holder e-mails offering savings on resort purchases, including Ski School, food & beverage, retail and more (e-mail address must be provided).
- A one-year subscription to both TransWorld SNOWboardingMagazine and Skiing Magazine (if purchased prior to June 22, 2009). Not applicable on the Heavenly Child Pass.
Season passes can currently be purchased in-person at the two Heavenly season pass offices, located at the Gondola and California Lodge, by calling 1-800-HEAVENLY, or by visiting www.heavenlypass.com.
Heavenly’s prices for all 2009/2010 pass products are as follows (Heavenly reserves the right to change prices at any time):
Pricing through 6/21/09
Pricing 6/22/09 through 9/7/09
Adult Heavenly Pass (19-64) – Valid 7 days/week, with blackout dates
Teen Heavenly Pass (13-18) – Valid 7 days/week, with blackout dates
Child Heavenly Pass (5-12) – Valid 7 days/week, with blackout dates
Senior Heavenly Pass (65+) – Valid 7 days/week, with blackout dates
Blackout Dates for the Heavenly Passes:
Thanksgiving: Friday, November 27 and Saturday, November 28, 2009
Holiday: Sunday, December 27 through Thursday, December 31, 2009
Presidents’ Weekend: Saturday, February 13 and Sunday, February 14, 2010
Epic Season Pass
For the ultimate season pass experience offering unlimited, unrestricted skiing and snowboarding at five of America’s top resorts, the Epic Season Pass (www.epicpass.com) offers 17,400 acres of terrain, 128 chairlifts and 722 trails at six resorts – Heavenly, Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin – from opening day in the fall until closing day in the spring, including every holiday in between with no blackout dates, for only $579 for adults and $279 for children, ages 5-12, through April 9, 2009. The $49-down payment option is also available on the Epic Season Pass.