Seattle, WA – December 3, 2008 – For the last two years, Gromfest has been a small operation with just a couple staff members organizing and executing the entire event. This fall, however, growth of the organization including new Staff, Support Staff and a brand-new SNOW and SKATE Team has put a lot on our shoulders and we’re looking for a little help.
For the first time, the Great Northwest Gromfest will be bringing on an intern and we want those reading this to consider applying. What follows are skills and requirements to intern for Gromfest:
POTENTIAL GROMFEST INTERN
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Should have a strong background in both skateboarding and snowboarding
• Needs to have photography skills and own equipment
• Outgoing, people skills a must
• Should be able to commit to meeting at least once a week in order to receive assignments
• Living in the Northwest is required or better yet, the Seattle area
The Gromfest Intern position is unpaid (hell, none of the Gromfest Staff get paid) so the candidate must be able to get college credit or be willing to work without compensation.
Should a person be interested in applying, cover letter, resume and photo samples should be sent to email@example.com. Cover Letter must outline why you are interested in the position and what you can uniquely bring to Gromfest.
Deadline: January 2nd, 2009
Gromfest started in 2006 as an amateur skate and snow competition that gives kids 18 & under the opportunity to be in the spotlight and show off their skills. No crazy rules, no crazy requirements, just crazy riding. In addition, Gromfest donates proceeds to non-profit, alternative sports programs that benefit kids. By doing this, Gromfest is assuring bright futures.