TransWorld SNOWboarding magazine has a summer internship opening. To be eligible, applicants must be able to receive college credit. Interns will need to report to the magazine’s Carlsbad, California office.
The editorial intern will assist the editorial staff with Volume 30 of TransWorld SNOWboarding magazine and twsnow.com. Duties will include fact-checking, some writing, and lots of help with gear shipments and organization. Candidates should have strong writing skills and/or a background in digital media. Familiarity with current snowboard brands and their gear will be helpful. Interns must report to TransWorld’s office in Carlsbad, California.
The editorial intern works with the edit and digital teams to assist with magazine production, and online content for twsnow.com
- Assist with posting content to website.
- Assist with editorial staff working on magazine
- Assist with researching stories, fact checking
- Assist with gear management, and product photo shoots
- General office duties
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficiency in writing and editing software
- Strong conceptual and idea generation skills required
- Strong written and verbal communication
- A solid understanding of journalism
- Self motivated / able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents
- Must be able to sit for long periods
- Must be able to use computer / keyboard
- Must be able to read complex documents and speak clearly
How to apply
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter explaining why you’d be a good fit for the position to Taylor Boyd: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your name and “Editorial Internship” in the subject line.
Please, no phone calls.