Boreal’s 5th Annual Jibassic Public Invitational:
Team Video Challenge Details Announced
Donner Summit, CA, (September 30, 2009) – Boreal Mountain Resort will host the 5th Annual Jibassic Public Invitational on an undetermined date. What is determined is that the public will be throwing down for cash this year instead of the pros. The two-pronged event will feature a public jib arena contest and a Team Video Challenge. The new format will place over $4,000 cash into the public’s hands plus allow skiers and snowboarders an early shred for the 2009/2010 season.
Registration for Boreal’s Team Video Challenge is happening October 1, 2009 starting at 6 pm. The first 15 teams to register on www.borealterrainpark.com will gain a coveted position in Boreal’s first, Team Video Challenge which is part of the 5th Annual Jibassic Public Invitational (JPI.5). The date for JPI.5 is still TBA, based on snowmaking over the next week. Stay tuned to Boreal’s blog or sign up for the TXT Message Alerts to receive instant notification once the date for JPI.5 is determined.
Team Challenge Registration:
October 1, 2009 at 6pm. $50 per team (up to four people per team). Registration fee includes team venue access during the public portion of JPI.5 plus a 2-hour filming/shredding session for registered teams only. Teams will also be invited back to Boreal for the wrap-up party and Grand Reveal of the winning video. Register online at www.borealterrainpark.com where you can pay team fees via PayPal.
Sponsors and Prizes:
– FUEL TV – $2,000 “winner-takes-all” cash prize purse for best overall video.
– $500 – “Most Viewed” Video from JPI.5, filming can be from Public or Team Challenge Events
– JPI.5 Public Jib Session – $2,000 given in $20 bills during the JPI.5 public event
– Southwest Airlines – 2 Round-Trip tickets anywhere Southwest flies within the continental 48 states will be awarded to the stand-out skier/boarder from the Video Challenge
– Moment Skis – One pair of custom branded Boreal/Moment Skis awarded to stand-out amateur during JPI.5 or the Team Video Challenge.
– Smokin’ Snowboards – Two custom branded Boreal/Smokin’ Snowboards awarded the top “Smokin’ Hot Ams”.
– Other prizes from Boreal Terrain Park sponsors 686, DaKine, Smith Optics, Neff, Thirty-Two Footwear and more.
Videos from the Team Challenge will be judged by ski and snowboard industry insiders including Justin Hostynek of Absinthe Films.
Further details about JPI.5 including public jib ticket rates can be found at www.borealterrainpark.com and www.rideboreal.com or call 530.426.3666 x180.