South. Lake Tahoe, CA—THE BLOCK ’06 Rider confirmations are in for the VIP Snowboarders selected to compete at THE BLOCK Party 2006. Confirmed Riders: MFM, Joey Sexton, Scotty Arnold, Jed Anderson, Chad Otterstrom, Lucas Magoon, TJ Schneider, Eddie Wall, Cory Cronk, Aaron Bittner, Justin Bennee, Mike Casanova, Max Legendre, Mason Aguirre, Bode Merril, Eric Christenson, Ricky Tucker, Derrick Dennison, Jonas Michilot, Adam Dowell, Loren Richardson, Zack Hale, Stevie Bell, Mike Burton, Eric Jackson, John Jackson, Sammy Luebke and more!Weekend Itinerary: BLOCK PARTY ON SNOW INTINERARY- SIERRA-AT-TAHOE
• 5-8 p.m. guests arrive at THE BLOCK at Tahoe
• Welcome reception at THE BLOCK HOTEL
• Guests enjoy latin-styled party with carne asada/ blended margaritas/ cold beer and DJ entertainment & lounge areao Specialty prizes on display for riders (i.e. cash, KICKER car audio system, DUB 20 wheels, Westsyde truck n Rod lift kit, Yakima rack boxes, etc
• 5-8 pm Rider registration tent on site and ticket /credential issue / sign waivers
• Unique sponsors have tent presence, green carpet reception to welcome riders, media, and guests. Riders/ Media enjoy unique gift bags and VIP treatment at their rooms (/ welcome card / weekend itinerary)
• Welcome reception until 8 pm at THE BLOCK HOTEL
• 10pm – 12:30 pm Welcome party at Bill’s Casino hosted by Nitro Snowboards featuring THE Jagerettes and drink specials from Jagermeister (21 and up, open to public)
• Branded Blackjack tables/ waitresses in sponsor tees are graciously treating the snowboarders to a casino night of VIP treatment
• Live sponsored entertainment with DJ MYG and KABLE ROC from the PDX and drink specials
• 12:30 p.m. fight club – We don’t speak about Fight Club
• (Oversized gloves and a friendly boxing match with two one-minute rounds couldn’t hurt that bad right?)
• 12:30 pm -? Welcome Party moves Vex Nightclub inside Harrah’s with VIP booths & bottle service for Media, Riders, and VIP sponsors (21 and up)
DECEMBER 9th -SIERRA AT TAHOE — MFM’s MONSTER SCHOOLYARD RAILJAM
*The contest will be filmed for television, reaching approximately 60 million viewers
• 7:30 -9:00 Sponsor set up tents, Jumbotron in base area
• 9:00 -10:00 Sierra prepares course for comp, banners fence, etc.
• 10:00-11:30 Rider practice on Schoolyard rail jam
• 12:00 -12:15 Rider meeting go over format RIDER judging, etc.
• 12:30 -1:00 Live Entertainment set on snow opens up MONSTER Schoolyard Rail Jam
• 1:00-2:30 MONSTER SCHOOLYARD RAILJAM Competition
• 2:45 -3:00 Rider ballots issued
• 3:00-3:30 Entertainment continues -Award ceremony at on snow staging area
• 3:30-4:00 Last Set of entertainment
• 4:30 Sponsor Area breakdown
• MC’s & DJ’s spin the latest in Underground Hip Hop
• Special performance after event by mystery Hip Hop DJ and MC crew
• 9:00 -? Schoolyard RAILJAM area open to credentialed riders for private photo shoots
• 12:00 “Hair of the Dog Recovery BBQ at THE BLOCK with Burgers, and BeveragesTHE BLOCK HOTEL’S would like to extend its thanks to all of our esteemed partners for stepping up to support THE BLOCK PARTY 2006 -an MFM joint to make this event the only 100% rider produced event of its kind! Make sure you come out to SIERRA-at-TAHOE Dec. 9th to support. Hook up tons of free product at on our snow stage area Saturday Dec. 9th, 2006 at Sierra-at-Tahoe:
• Limited edition signed, Complete Nitro MFM setup Board, Boots, Bindings, headphones,
• Monster Energy Drinks,
• Limited edition BLOCK PARTY tee shirts
• Limited edition BLOCK PARTY mix tape (1st 1000 heads)
• Skullcandy headphones
• SPY goggles
• Tech Nine Bindings
• Section Brand Outerwear
• Bord’z up snowboard racks
• ALLY Snowboard videos
Support Snowboarding and the Lifestyle, Join us for THE BLOCK PARTY 2006…an MFM joint!Media Contact: Gary Hansen firstname.lastname@example.org 562 331 2249Mr. Hansen was selected as THE BLOCK PARTY 2006 event coordinator after a nationwide search and a 3-day competition filmed in S. Lake Tahoe by the G4 network for THE BLOCK show airing on January 15.
“MFM has delivered once again; an incredible list of riders,” says Liko Smith, Managing Owner of THE BLOCK Hotels…”Now the only question is, which of the 30 riders will be victorious? All riders at THE BLOCK party are going to be treated like kings. “From the minute they arrive at the hotel, until they finally manage to stumble back to their cars, planes or buses…this is going to set a new standard as it does each year, A blowout to end all blowouts!” Smith finishes. All proceeds from THE BLOCK Party are used for the event and the remainder is paid to contest winners.
THE BLOCK Hotels are “The World’s First Snowboarder Hotels,” created by Professional Snowboarder Marc Frank Montoya and Las Vegas Hotelier Liko S. Smith. The Group owns THE BLOCK at Tahoe in South Lake Tahoe, CA and THE BLOCK at Big Bear in Big Bear Lake, CA. The hotels have been featured on MTV, Fuel, The Learning Channel, CNN, and countless magazines including articles in Penthouse (November 2005 Issue), YRB Magazine (November 2005), and VIBE (December 2005 Issue), as well as being featured in Inc. Magazine as one of the trends to watch for 2005.
-Boost Mobile….Based in Irvine, California, Boost Mobile®, LLC is at the epicenter of the action sports industry. A lifestyle-based telecommunications brand focused on offering premium pay-as-you-go wireless phones and services to the youth market, Boost resonates with its consumers through strategic partnerships with leading youth lifestyle brands and companies. Boost team riders comprise of more than 50 of the world’s top action sports athletes and include 2006 Olympic Silver Medalist Danny Kass as well as Todd Richards, Keir Dillon, Luke “Dingo Trembath, Scotty Arnold and Alexis Waite.
More information can be obtained at www.theblockhotels.com.
THE BLOCK: a Snowboard Hotel chain created “For Snowboarders, By Snowboarders.”Smith and Montoya plan to open 20 locations within the next 5 to 7 years.