B4BC 20th Anniversary event takes place April 2, featuring Olympic medalist Jamie Anderson and pro rider Big Air Expression Session, bands: Panic is Perfect, The Family Crest, Photo and Art Exhibition and more
Los Angeles, CA—In celebration of Boarding for Breast Cancer’s (B4BC) 20th Anniversary, the iconic B4BC Snowboard + Music Festival is back, presented once again by Sierra-at-Tahoe Resort on April 2, 2016. The Festival is gaining attention as the end of season celebration attracting the tribe of winter sports enthusiasts, supporters, partners, athletes, and artists all coming together to shine much needed attention on young women with breast cancer and increasing awareness using a combination of fun, snowboarding, music, and athlete inspiration.
Join us as we celebrate Shredding the Love for 20 Years and continue our journey for another 20 years! Here’s what to expect:
· Big Air Expression Session with Jamie Anderson: Olympic Gold Medalist, B4BC athlete ambassador and Sierra-at-Tahoe rider
· Band performances by Panic is Perfect, The Family Crest and more
· Photo + Art Exhibition and silent auction curated by Trevor Graves and NEMO Design featuring industry artists such as Caia Koopman, Jamie Lynn, Vanessa Stark, Tina Basich, and the world’s most iconic photographers as they trace the journey of B4BC and snowboarding
· 108 Sun Salutations Yoga Event: Starting the Festival will be a yoga portion inspired by Shiva Raes “Global Mala Project” and B4BC’s Yoga Heals program to bring as many people together as possible for a powerful group session, led by Olympic Gold Medalist Jamie Anderson, Pro Snowboarder and B4BC Wellness Ambassador Megan Pischke, and local yoga instructors and icons Shaelah Morris and Sherry McConkey. Join or sponsor a salutation at Classy.org/b4bcsunsalutations
· Festival Village featuring B4BC supporters, cause-marketing partners, and supporters over the past 20 years with live art snowboard painting, interactive sponsor booths, raffles, silent auctions, gear, accessories, and apparel
· Exclusive B4BC “Shred the Love” merchandise debuting at the Snowboard + Music Festival courtesy of Volcom
· Pro rider autograph sessions
· Epic snowboard and skiing at Sierra-at-Tahoe on more than 400 inches of snowpack
· B4BC’s outreach booth teaching hands-on education
“We are so stoked to bring back the B4BC Snowboard + Music Festival at Sierra-at-Tahoe as our 20th Anniversary Celebration,” says B4BC Co-Founder and Executive Director, Kathleen Gasperini. “The Festival has always been one of the best ways to open new doors and spark new passion with fun ways to fundraise, educate, and celebrate with our sponsors, volunteers, athletes, musicians, and artists—it’s going to a day to remember!”
“Sierra-at-Tahoe has had some memorable moments with B4BC throughout the years,” states John Rice, GM of Sierra at Tahoe. “We can’t wait to host the 20th anniversary celebration and create some more. We’ve supported their mission from day one and are excited to walk along side them spreading awareness about breast cancer and breast cancer prevention.”
Every year, B4BC provides over 100,000 individuals with peer-to-peer communication and education on how to reduce your breast cancer risk, how to perform a breast self-exam and provide an opportunity to experience what a cancerous lump feels like through the use of life-like jelly breast molds. Our annual outreach impressions reach 1,320,000 young people around the world.
The Festival will also follow sustainability guidelines based on B4BC Zero Waste Sustainability Goals, measuring and offsetting our carbon footprint in order to take responsibility for our impact on this planet.
A milestone like surviving for 20 years is an amazing accomplishment for any non-profit. We hope that by hosting our B4BC 20th Anniversary Snowboard + Music Festival, with your assistance we can continue to achieve our goals, and ultimately reach more people than ever in the next 20 years!
For more information, or to get involved to support B4BC’s 20th Anniversary Snowboard + Music Festival, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LIFT TICKETS + MUSIC FESTIVAL: To get a ticket for snowboarding or skiing and to attend the Festival, purchase a normal lift ticket through Sierra-at-Tahoe for April 2 and $10 from each ticket will go towards B4BC and grant you entry to the Snowboard + Music Festival.
MUSIC FESTIVAL ONLY: Just attending the B4BC Snowboard + Music Festival? Donation requests start at $20, and you’ll be automatically entered to win a signed GNU snowboard: B4BC Snowboard + Music Festival tickets.
Can’t make it this year, but still want to support B4BC? Donate here and add your name to the list of our special supporters! Your donation is tax deductible.