Squaw Valley, CA—December 22, 2006- Christmas came early for Squaw Valley USA. Skiers and riders awoke this morning to blues skies and 20 of powder on the upper mountain. Snow fell all day on Thursday and well into the evening, blanketing the mountain with fresh, light snow just in time for the holidays.
• To date this season, Squaw Valley USA has received 99 inches or 8 3/4 feet of snow on the upper mountain. Current base depths measure 40-62 inches on the upper elevations.
• This cold storm brought light snow to Squaw Valley’s legendary slopes and with more snow in the forecast, skiers and riders will enjoy fantastic conditions over the holidays.
• Although Squaw Valley is world-renowned for extreme skiing and riding, the mountain also offers two beginner areas—one at the top of the mountain (el 8,200′) and one at the base (el 6,200′). With no shortage of beginner deals and packages, Squaw makes learning to ski easy on you and your wallet.
• As ski resorts in the Lake Tahoe area are expecting big crowds over the next two weeks, remember Squaw Valley boasts parking in close proximity to the base of the mountain and lifts, short lift lines, and great value. With 16 lifts scheduled for this weekend (and more lifts opening Christmas week), Squaw Valley offers skiers and riders the most terrain and lift access in the Lake Tahoe area.
• The $5 lift ticket for children 12 & under makes Squaw Valley the best value for families. With myriad of holiday events and activities including the Christmas Eve Torchlight Parade, night skiing, riding and ice skating, and the Mountaintop New Year’s Eve Dinner Celebration, Squaw Valley is the most exciting resort for the young or young at heart this holiday season.
• For the most up-to-date resort conditions, operations schedules, holiday events and live mountain cams, visit Squaw Valley’s web site at www.squaw.com or call 530-583-6955. Call Squaw Valley Central Reservations for lodging and lift ticket packages at 866-366-7261.