Truckee, CA (March 3, 2007) — Norwegian Andreas Wiig and SoCal shredderHana Beaman continued their prowess this season in Slopestyle as eachcaptured their first titles at the Vans Cup at Northstar-at-Tahoe Resort onSaturday afternoon. Wiig, who took first at the X Games in Aspen lastmonth, won $21,000 for his efforts today, while Beaman flipped spots with XGames gold medalist and defending Vans Cup slope titlist Jamie Anderson ofSouth Lake Tahoe to win $17,000. Scotty Lago and Danny Kass rounded outthe top three for the guys, while Canadian Marie-France Roy was third amongthe women.
The Vans Cup at Tahoe draws to a close on Sunday with a Superpipe contestfeaturing such pipe heavy hitters as Olympic medalists Danny Kass, MarkkuKoski, Ross Powers and Kelly Clark as well as past Vans Cup winner AnttiAutti, Keir Dillon, Tommy Czeschin, Iouri Podlatchokov, Tricia Byrnes andJamie Anderson.
Snowboard fans who can’t make it up to Northstar-at-Tahoe Resort on Sundaywill be able to watch the Superpipe live as well as weekend highlights onthe web by visiting www.vans.com on Sunday afternoon. Look for plenty ofphotos and live updates at www.vans.com. The Vans Cup at Tahoe televisionspecial debuts on FUEL TV in two parts on May 7 and May 21 at 9:30 PMET/PT.
Saturday, March 3 – Slopestyle Finals
1. Andreas Wiig (Asker, NOR) 92.1 $21,000
2. Scotty Lago (Seabrook, NH) 86.0 $14,500
3. Danny Kass (Vernon, NJ) 84.2 $7,400
1. Hana Beaman (Mammoth Lakes, CA) 75.8 $17,000
2. Jamie Anderson (South Lake Tahoe, CA) 73.7 $8,500
3. Marie-France Roy (Whistler, CAN) 65.0 $3,000
Friday, March 2 — Rail Jam Results
1. Lucas Magoon (Silverthorn, CO) $12,000
2. Yale Cousino (Lincoln, VT) $8,000
3. Keegan Vailaika (Dana Point, CA) $4,000
1. Erin Comstock (Incline Village, NV) $2,600
2. Silvia Mittermuller (Munich, GER) $1,000
3. Leanne Pelosi (Calgary, CAN) $1,000
Sunday, March 4
9:00 AM — 12:00 PM Men’s and Women’s Superpipe Qualifying
12:30 PM — 3:30 PM Men’s and Women’s Superpipe FINALS (live webcast)
The Vans Cup at Tahoe is made possible by the support of Rockstar EnergyDrink, Scion, Snowboarder Magazine and FUEL TV, the 24/7 action sportslifestyle network.
For more information on Vans and the Vans Cup at Tahoe, visit www.vans.com.