Back 270 To Board With Jeremy Jones
Sponsors: Burton, DVS, Matix, Recon, Nixon, MiloSport, Ogio
Stance: Regular. Eighteen degrees front, negative twelve back, and 23.75 inches wide.
1. Ride up to the rail backside at a slight angle.
2. Throw the spin just like a backside 360—if you can’t do them yet, hold off.
3. You’re going over the rail more than into it—so stay sucked up, making sure not to hook your nose on the rail.
4. Spin as flat-based as possible, looking under your back arm for visuals and fluidity during the rotation.
5. Come around, spot the end of the rail, and stare at it.
6. Put it down, staying solid and smooth. At this point, you’re only doing a boardslide—so chill out, ’cause it’s all easy from here.
7. Ride away stoked, ’cause it was fun—and even more stoked to take off the stinky, sweaty pads hiding under your snow gear. Wait ’til the hotel room or home so nobody sees you—it’s been a secret up until now, right?
Mt. Bachelor, Oregon. Sequence: Andy Wright/Shakedown